Saturday, September 7, 2013

Mission Statement

Guppy tank day 1


Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Brooke Douglas and I live on Martha's Vineyard, a small island off the coast of Massachusetts.  I have always been a pet enthusiast, growing up on a bucolic horse farm in West Tisbury and am currently living with three cats, a yellow headed amazon parrot, a wonderful female Yorkie, and more recently two freshwater fish tanks (10 gal and 29 gallon).  Upon purchasing the larger tank I decided to take up guppy breeding as a pass time and hobby.  My decision to breed guppies was based on the simplicity of  the breed and of course the sheer beauty that the species has long been known for.  I am creating this Blog for two reasons.  First I would like this blog project to document my first attempts at culling specific desirable traits in my guppy population through multiple generations.  I will achieve this through photographic and video documentation updated regularly.  This includes monitoring female pregnancies, growth of fry and treatment of possible diseases.  Secondly I would like this blog to actively provide information to others embarking on the same mission of guppy reproduction and general care.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Brooke! Good luck with the breeding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Benjamin Briel Lee was very professional at all times, keeping me aware of everything that was happening, If I had any questions he was always available to answer. This was my first home purchase, I didn’t know much about the loan process, he made it very easy to understand the things I had questions about. I really enjoyed working with him.”  
    He's a loan officer working with a group of investor's who are willing to fund any project or loan you any amount with a very low interest.Contact Benjamin Briel Lee E-Mail: lfdsloans@outlook.com Whats-App Number: +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete